# This article How to Remove Hard Drive Diagnostic Virus is an article in Spyware Removal Instructions, the original author is Security-Wire.com .You can read more information in the following:
Hard Drive Diagnostic Information:
Hard Drive Diagnostic is a fake program which disguises as a system optimization utility. It’s the successor of HDD Scan malware. Hard Drive Diagnostic informs you about dozens of critical issues on your computer, such as hard drive missing, RAM memory problems and system errors. Hard Drive Diagnostic stealthily enters into your computer without your authorization. Once active, Hard Drive Diagnostic will perform fake scan and display many system errors. Then it will offer you a complete removal if you pay for its license. It will keep displaying falsified errors and asking you to register for its full version. Don’t try to uninstall it via Control Panel and you will certainly fail to do so. Please restart your computer and enter into Safe Mode with Networking by hitting F8 key. Then use our removal tips and remove Hard Drive Diagnostic as soon as possible.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Screenshot:
Note: If you are not proficient with computer, it’s suggested that you backup your registry before manually removing Hard Drive Diagnostic Virus. And double check the entries that you are going to delete, or your computer can’t work for missing some files.
End the following processes:
Unregister the following DLL files:
Delete the following files:
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Desktop\HDD Scan.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Start Menu\Programs\HDD Scan
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Start Menu\Programs\HDD Scan\HDD Scan.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Start Menu\Programs\Win Defragmenter\Uninstall HDD Scan.lnk
Please, be aware that manual removal of Hard Drive Diagnostic virus is a cumbersome task and can not always ensure complete removal of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards.Moreover, lack of the required skills and even the slightest deviation from the instructions may lead to irreparable system damage. That’s why it’s strongly recommended automatic removal of Hard Drive Diagnostic virus, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
Automatic Hard Drive Diagnostic virus Removal:
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Download Hard Drive Diagnostic virus Remover, install it and update its database to the latest. After that, restart your computer so as to make Hard Drive Diagnostic virus Remover fully functional. Repeat Step 1 into Safe Mode and run an Online Scan of your computer so that Hard Drive Diagnostic virus Remover can detect all potential malware in your system.
NOTE: If you have problem installing Hard Drive Diagnostic virus Remover, you can download this correction script, unzip it and then double click to run it. It will correct your registry settings that the virus has modified. Then double click the program and finish the installation.
3. After the Online Scan finishes, click “Details” for the malware detected to make sure that your important data are not infected and removed. Ignore or select the scan result and click “Remove” to remove the threats. Reboot your computer and let Hard Drive Diagnostic virus Virus Remover delete all detected virus.
Why should you need to repair the registry?
As we all know, virus and Trojans modify and destroy system registry and make the computer malfunction so that the computer will not perform normally. Even if the virus and Trojans are removed, the registry is still destroyed or modified, so the computer still has problems. That’s the very reason why you need to repair the registry. At the meanwhile, some virus and Trojans leave some DLL files in the registry and this will cause strange DLL errors and affect the computer performance.
To make your computer run as perfectly as before or much faster than before:
2. Run a full scan of your registry.
3. Click “Repair Problems” and repair all errors detected.
After these 3 easy steps, your computer will run much faster than before within minutes!