How to Remove Quick Defrag Fake Security Program?
# This article How to Remove Quick Defrag Virus is an article in Spyware Removal Instructions, the original author is Security-Wire.com .You can read more information in the following:
Quick Defrag Information:
Quick Defrag is another variant of the fake system defragmenter group that includes Easy Scan, Full Scan, HDD Low and Disk Repair malware. Quick Defrag invents fake scan reports and popup alerts in order to mislead its victims into buying its full version. The infiltration of Quick Defrag is accomplished by a Trojan that drags corrupt files into the computer. Soon you will notice many annoying problems on your PC. Quick Defrag runs its phony scanner which pretends to diagnose your Operating System for problems. A few minutes later, it will display some system errors which need your immediate fix. Then Quick Defrag will claim that its full version can help you get things fixed only when you make a payment. Don’t fall for its trick. Quick Defrag is designed to deceive computer users with fake system problems and then rip them off. But it will not stop messing up your computer no matter how many times you pay for it. Don’t try to uninstall Quick Defrag from Add/ Remove Programs. The right thing action is to stick to our removal tutorial and remove Quick Defrag for good.
Note: If you are not proficient with computer, it’s suggested that you backup your registry before manually removing Quick Defrag Virus. And double check the entries that you are going to delete, or your computer can’t work for missing some files.
End the following processes:
Delete the following registry files:
Delete the following files:
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Desktop\Quick Defrag.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Start Menu\Programs\Quick Defrag
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Start Menu\Programs\Quick Defrag\Quick Defrag.lnk
%Documents and Settings%\[User_Name]\Start Menu\Programs\Quick Defrag\Uninstall Quick Defrag.lnk
Please, be aware that manual removal of Quick Defrag virus is a cumbersome task and can not always ensure complete removal of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards.Moreover, lack of the required skills and even the slightest deviation from the instructions may lead to irreparable system damage. That’s why it’s strongly recommended automatic removal of Quick Defrag virus, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
Automatic Quick Defrag virus Removal:
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Download Quick Defrag virus Remover, install it and update its database to the latest. After that, restart your computer so as to make Quick Defrag virus Remover fully functional. Repeat Step 1 into Safe Mode and run an Online Scan of your computer so that Quick Defrag virus Remover can detect all potential malware in your system.
NOTE: If you have problem installing Quick Defrag virus Remover, you can download this correction script, unzip it and then double click to run it. It will correct your registry settings that the virus has modified. Then double click the program and finish the installation.
3. After the Online Scan finishes, click “Details” for the malware detected to make sure that your important data are not infected and removed. Ignore or select the scan result and click “Remove” to remove the threats. Reboot your computer and let Quick Defrag Virus Remover delete all detected virus.
Why should you need to repair the registry?
As we all know, virus and Trojans modify and destroy system registry and make the computer malfunction so that the computer will not perform normally. Even if the virus and Trojans are removed, the registry is still destroyed or modified, so the computer still has problems. That’s the very reason why you need to repair the registry. At the meanwhile, some virus and Trojans leave some DLL files in the registry and this will cause strange DLL errors and affect the computer performance.
To make your computer run as perfectly as before or much faster than before:
2. Run a full scan of your registry.
3. Click “Repair Problems” and repair all errors detected.
After these 3 easy steps, your computer will run much faster than before within minutes!