How to Find Hidden Files and Folders in Your Windows
In order to avoid being attacked, some crucial system files and folders hide themselves in Windows system. When remote hackers invade your computer, they also hide some malicious files. If you wonder what is hidden in your system, you can make changes to your system settings to find them out.
1. Open Start Menu and navigate to Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel window, click Tools and locate Folder Options. And then click Viewer tab, you need to find out the Hidden files and folders. And check Show hidden files, folders and drives, then click OK button. Finally, you will see some hidden files are displayed on your computer.
1. Double click Computer to open My Documents or Computer.
2. When click Organize button, and then click Folder Options from a drop-down menu.
3. In the Viewer tab, you will see the Hidden files and folders. And check Show hidden files, folders and drives, then click OK button. Finally, some hidden files and folders show up on your PC.
1. Click Start button and input regedit to search box.
2. In Registry Editor window, locate the system registry as follow:
3. In the right pane, right click Hidden so that you can modify its value data. Type 1 and click on OK.
4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your PC so that the changes you make can take effect.
Note: You should hide these files and folders immediately if your computer isn’t infected with viruses. If some hidden system files and folders are damaged, your PC will have unexpected problems. If you have any computer annoyances, please contact DooFix providing professional PC tech support.
- How To Remove The Detected Files From Kaspersky Antivirus?
- How Do I Delete Files Stored On My Secure Norton Online Storage From Previous Backups?
- How to Get Rid of Trojan:Win32/Crilock.B Virus and Unlock Encrypted Files
- How to Remove Windows Optimization Center Fake Security Program?
- How to Remove Windows Risks Preventions Rogue Anti-Spyware?