How to Get Into Windows7 without A Password?
Some of computer users tend to set a login password with the purpose of preventing others from using their computers without permission. However, certain users might forget the login passwords when they don’t use their PCs for a long time. What are you supposed to do when you are faced with such a troublesome sign-in problem? It is suggested that you check your entered password is correct or not. And make sure that the Caps Lock key isn’t toggled on the keyboard. If the correct password can’t still help you enter your Windows operating system, you can make use of the methods below to have a try.
Method One: Using another User Account to Enter the Locked PC
Fortunately, you can change your password by another user account which has administrator privileges as well in your system. First, you need to have a permission to log in another Windows account. After you own the administrator rights, you can make modifications to user account settings.
1. Click Start button and navigate to Control Panel. Locate User Account and Family Safety, and then choose User Account.
2. Click Manage another account. Select the account that you want to change, and then click Change the password to reset a new one. In case you forget the new password in future, you can set a password hint. At last, click Change password to save the changed information.
Note: You will be limited to read or open encrypted files and folders which were created in the former user account when you change the password.
Method Two: Using Command Prompt to Enter the Locked PC
You also can enter the Safe Mode with Command Prompt to modify related system settings if there is no another user account on your computer.
1. Repeatedly hit F8 key before Windows launch. After the options appear on your screen, use the arrow to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
2. The command prompt window pops up when you click Administrator.
3. Type the command net user username /add to the Command Prompt. You should remember that the space character can’t be neglected. When it is done, please press Enter key.
4. Continue to type “ent localgroup administrators username /add” so that you can upgrade the new account to the highest administrator.
5. Reboot your computer. And then select the new account which doesn’t require a password to enter your PC.
Method Three: Using Windows PE to Enter the Locked PC
In exceptional cases, some computer users complain that they can’t enter the Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Some of them are asked to enter the password. Under this circumstance, you can make use of Windows PE to log in the locked PC and open the command prompt window.
1. Insert Windows PE disk and boot your PC. After access the Command Prompt, type copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\. And then copy and save sethc.exe to a new text document.
2. Make changes to c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe through using this command as below:
copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
(Keep in mind that the space character can’t be neglected.)
3. Reboot the system so that you can start the original Windows installation. On the login screen, press Shift key five times. When it is done, you can enter Command Prompt to type a command as below to change the password.
net user username newpassword
4. When all steps mentioned above are completed, you can log in your Windows with the new password.
If you enter your Windows successfully, you should remember to boot up your computer again with Windows PE. After you open up Command Prompt, you should type the command
copy /y c:\sethc.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe so that you can set the moved and changed files to the default condition. If you don’t do that, a backdoor will be created, which can endanger your computer security.
Note: In fact, there are some useful methods can deal with this login problem. These methods mentioned above are not difficult to take. If you are not good at computer and need help, please contact DooFix providing professional PC optimization/repair, virus/malware removal and other services. We are 24/7 available.