How to Remove ThinkPoint Rogue Anti-Spyware?
# This article How to Remove ThinkPoint Virus is an article in Spyware Removal Instructions, the original author is Security-Wire.com .You can read more information in the following:
ThinkPoint (also referred as Think Point) is an aggressive rogue antispyware spread by the notorious fake Microsoft Security Essentials Alert which also distributes AntiSpy Safeguard, Pest Detector 4.1 and Major Defense Kit. Fake Microsoft Security Essentials Alert first enters into your computer with the help of Trojan viruses. Then it will generate many phony alerts stating that your computer has been infected by many viruses and offer you many security utilities to get rid of the viruses. Then ThinkPoint may find the chance to install on your computer. Once running, ThinkPoint will run its fake scanner and report many non-existing malware on your computer. Then it will persuade you to buy its licensed copy if you want it to remove all detected malware. In fact, ThinkPoint is another scamware you should be careful of. To get rid of ThinkPoint virus, please follow the step by step removal guide below.
Note: If you are not proficient with computer, it’s suggested that you backup your registry before manually removing ThinkPoint Rogue Anti-Spyware. And double check the entries that you are going to delete, or your computer can’t work for missing some files.
Step 1: Processes you need to end:
Step 2: Registry entries you need to delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\hotfix.exe”
Step 3: Files you need to delete:
Please, be aware that manual removal of ThinkPoint Rogue Anti-Spyware is a cumbersome task and can not always ensure complete removal of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards.Moreover, lack of the required skills and even the slightest deviation from the instructions may lead to irreparable system damage. That’s why it’s strongly recommended automatic removal of ThinkPoint Rogue Anti-Spyware, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
Automatic ThinkPoint Rogue Anti-Spyware Removal:
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Download ThinkPoint Remover, install it and update its database to the latest. After that, restart your computer so as to make ThinkPoint Remover fully functional. Repeat Step 1 into Safe Mode and run an Online Scan of your computer so that ThinkPoint Remover can detect all potential malware in your system.
NOTE: If you have problem installing ThinkPoint Remover, you can download this correction script, unzip it and then double click to run it. It will correct your registry settings that the virus has modified. Then double click the program and finish the installation.
3. After the Online Scan finishes, click “Details” for the malware detected to make sure that your important data are not infected and removed. Ignore or select the scan result and click “Remove” to remove the threats. Reboot your computer and let ThinkPoint Remover delete all detected virus.
Why should you need to repair the registry?
As we all know, virus and Trojans modify and destroy system registry and make the computer malfunction so that the computer will not perform normally. Even if the virus and Trojans are removed, the registry is still destroyed or modified, so the computer still has problems. That’s the very reason why you need to repair the registry. At the meanwhile, some virus and Trojans leave some DLL files in the registry and this will cause strange DLL errors and affect the computer performance.
To make your computer run as perfectly as before or much faster than before:
1. Download and install Multi-Awarded Registry Tool.
2. Run a full scan of your registry.
3. Click “Repair Problems” and repair all errors detected.
After these 3 easy steps, your computer will run much faster than before within minutes!
No related posts.